PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:49 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

Sample Appraisal Report

Greetings One & All

I have just posted a Sample Appraisal on My G/O GemologyOnline Home Page

http://www.gemologyonline.com/LaShawn/appraisal.html

The PDF-File is;

http://www.gemologyonline.com/LaShawn/A ... ackout.pdf

The appraisal is Heavily Redacted because I don't want anyone copying my work and then just cutting and pasting it and then inserting their own stuff and then passing it off as their own work.

The Body of the Appraisal and how you assemble it and put it all together should be your own work.

But this gives you an idea of what I do on a daily basis.

Remember this is only a Simple Sample as I have a bunch of them put together for various work assignments and various conditions, from very simple to highly complex and in-depth.

Most of this is automated for me once I have initially put all the parts, sections and components into my Appraisal Software Program which is Quantum Leap Software.

http://qlss.com/

I will post a few other more complex Sample Reports later on

Hope this helps

Coming Soon:

Bauer Gemological Products

From Simple Minds, comes Simple Answers & Even Simpler Solutions

Post subject: Re: Sample Appraisal Report
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:31 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

ah many Blackouts, you could be CIA

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:11 pm 
Valued Contributor

Hi LaShawn,
Interesting, thanks for sharing. I have a couple of questions. Why do you have your appraisal worksheet notes included in the report? And, why do you have the photos and narrative/body of the report located at the end? I would think that is the primary part of the report and would place it well before the appraiser's certificate or market research info.
Best regards,
Katy B

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:17 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

Greetings Katy B and Everyone else

Those are not my work-notes. Those are an in-depth, detailed listing of various attributes that help categorize the Identification Attributes, Construction Attributes, Quality Attributes, Quantity Attributes, and Value Setting Attributes of the item(s) I was assigned to appraise.

Work-notes would be notes and information that are kept but not published to show my notations and research and market analysis of the item(s) I appraised. Those notes are considered private and confidential and can't or won't be released to anyone unless it is by direct court order or during special court proceedings.

Well as far as where to place the photographs and details of the items being appraised is up to the appraiser and/or the appraisal organization or society in which they belong to if such organizations have restrictions where things go in the appraisal.

You also have to know and understand how Regular Common Everyday Humans think and process information.

If you were to place this good stuff so-to-speak at the front of the report the person interested will only look at that area see the pictures scan over the information and then instantly look at the finial valuation figure of the article and then it over or they will then ask why is it high or low or what ever.

You have to understand that an Appraisal Report is like a small compact story or novel that is condensed as you actually tell a story of , WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, HOW, WHY and HOW MUCH.

It is the job of the Appraiser to actually inform and educate their client exactly what a REAL Appraisal is and how YOU, the Appraiser came to the conclusion that you state within the report.

Remember try to eliminate as many problems as possible before they become a misunderstood problem that can quickly grow out of control. Most of these problems come from miss-communication and a miss-conception as to what an appraisal is and what it is design to do or accomplish.

I add or include more than most other appraisers but I like being thorough.
And by doing so, it instantly conveys to those who use and read my reports that I take my job, my duties and my assignments seriously and I do a professional job to the very best of my abilities and that shows my dedication and professionalism to my chosen profession.

Hope this helps

Coming Soon:

Bauer Gemological Products

From Simple Minds, comes Simple Answers & Even Simpler Solutions

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:44 am 
Gemology Online Veteran

LaShawn the appraising report was very interesting, 16 pages! is it default template of Quantum Leap Software? , if you can provide sample for different type of appraisal is appreciated