Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: A NEW YEARS , THANK YOU
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:02 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

HI

I wanted to say Thank You to Everyone and you know who you are in the behind the curtains of the two best websites on the internet .
Its a new year, 2008 and with info on the net being readily avaliable to all who seek it , im feel truely honored to of found them , i had an intrest in gemstones and soon found out thats theres alot more involved then looking at a stone and saying its and RUBY , and only by chance did i find this place , KARMA how true it is, what you put out with come back trifold .
Everyone who has given time and / or material whether it be actual gemstones to the traveling gem program , or knowledge , advice or of giving up free time to share knowledge .

Firstly MZ B for this forum , and the others who are moderators , they say you found a good leader when you find someone who surrounds herself or himself around the best , well she has , she has found and put togther a team of the most knowledgable people to help .

And to Doos & Annie , who are the Dynamic Duo of a online teaching session once a week to anyone wanting to learn .
Anyone who is doing the gemology courses through the net needs to know of the a very informative website as the gemologyproject . It has been a year since i found this site , i was a lurker , i would read all the posts and learning as much as i could but was to afraid to ask anything , and then i heard the best advice in a lifetime "the only stupid question is the one not asked " these are words to live by , and so i have found myself in the search of as much info as i could find and i owe all the knowledge i have gained to these two sites and all the incredible people who keep it going .

I wanted to express my graditute to ALL that have given of themselves to others they dont know , but we all share one thing in common , the love of gemstones .

To CrystalStar , for giving us the name the ' FORENSIC GEMOLOGIST STUDENTS ' We are the FGS of gemologyonline and we are being taught by the BEST , MAY WE MAKE YOU SHINE LIKE SPARKLIES LOL
THANK YOU ALL :wink:
DragonStek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:51 pm 
Valued Contributor

I second you Dragonstek, without finding this place I probably would never have started the course I'm doing now. Learning things from books, sending homework back and forth on the mail... It's a start I guess, but to truly learn anything, one needs to find motivated teachers to provide the 'feel' that theory alone cannot provide.

It's also a great thing that every aspect of the business seems to find a place here. I'm very much amazed at the posts appearing in the lapidary and jewellery forums, among others. And of course, the many warnings about common pitfalls and professional advice are very helpful to us noobies.

Many thanks to all! :)