January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Treatment timeline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:34 pm 

Hi all,

up for relentless peer review is an overview of treatments and their first references in industry papers. I'm inviting you all to have a look at the mock-up I made and comment on it here (or through the AJU discussion page behind the article if you are an AJU user). Any suggestions or corrections would be greatly appreciated.

I'm spewing I don't have a copy of Nassau's "gemstone enhancements" and I'm not liking the prices of second hand copies I'm seeing... It appears chapter II of Nassau's work describes a chronology of gemstone enhancements. Could somebody who has a copy please glance through the chapter and see whether Nassau lists different dates?

The idea is that this little project will result in a timeline of treatments together with detection methods to be featured on AJU & GP which would be a very useful resource for us all. In order to illustrate this endeavour I will be needing as many 'diagnostic images' of treatments as possible so if you have affinity with the projects and have images that illustrate a treatment (or lack thereof) you can help us all by sharing them. You can email 'm to tim@gemologyonline.com or upload 'm onto AJU's image gallery (only accessible for AJU registered users)

Thanks in advance!