January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: New Rubies can these be compared with Burmees????-----
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:20 pm 
Valued Contributor

well,i guess the question here is not about debating on treatments?
he just wanted to ask can we compare them to burmees rubies? and my answer is YES,because burmees rubies produce more commercial stuff then the GEM quality for which they are famous for.
and this is the case with all the gem producing mines on this planet,be it the muzo mines of columbia,or the sapphire mines of kashmir etc.....
mines got famous for their top quality,but its the commercial/low quality stuff which is helping all or most of us to make our bread and butter.
i wud like to know,who among us exclusively buy or sell real un-enhanced gem? and if he or she dont get such a gem supplied,he sits idle for all the years untill the real gem arrives?
i deal with kashmir sapphires,un heated,un enhanced,all natural,but how many top gems fall in my hands? i wud be very lucky if i get one such GEM every year,but can i survive with the profit for whole year? of course not,so i need to make money selling what sells to the masses,and thats enhanced gemstones.
the only thing which matters is to disclose treatments to the best of your knowledge.
professional gemologists,who get paid to work for a lab,may hate treated gems,because they are not part of this business,but anyone like me,and most of the members here should accept the fact that we cant survive,infact we wud have not even became part of this industry,had there were no treatments.
ps take note that my opinion is of my own,and i m not intended to hurt anybody here,everybody is free to express what they feel so i just presented my opinion.
cheers :)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:45 pm 
Site Admin

kashmirsapphire wrote:
i wud like to know,who among us exclusively buy or sell real un-enhanced gem? and if he or she dont get such a gem supplied,he sits idle for all the years untill the real gem arrives?

I do, unless I buy a treated stone to add to my reference collection or as a photo object...

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:24 pm 
Site Admin

Wildfish:
http://www.wildfishgems.com/

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:51 am 
Valued Contributor

Conny Forsberg wrote:
kashmirsapphire wrote:

I do, unless I buy a treated stone to add to my reference collection or as a photo object...

conny,its nice that u do,but how many are there? of course everbody wish to sell un enhanced stuff,but how much is available to sell?
and if u sell un enhanced stones,the credit still goes to the enhancers and treaters becaue of whome natural un enhanced stones command a premium.