January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Diamonds from Sierra leone
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:00 am 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

Anyone intersted in leasing a dimond mine contact boyceita@yahoo.com.

Post subject: ??
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:22 am 
Platinum Member

Now THAT is an interesting post.. hmm where you live at the moment?? Isn't sierra leone where the rebels chopped off hands and arms?? Just checking about local conditions..

So, where is this mine?? is it kimberlite hard rock? Is it an alluvial placer? Open pit? How far from the airport and spare parts? GPS co-ordinates I can plug into google earth would be good.. When was the machinery last overhauled? what shape is the crusher in? Does the mine if underground need pumping? What shape is the timbering and framing in? How are the hoists? How do you get ore to the crusher? Have the natives made off with everything or is it protected with on site security. How much mordida (payoff) do you have to give the local and national ministers of corruption per month?

What is the carat production per ton of ore? What percentage of that is gem grade vs bort or industrial. How does the gem rough look? Is it macles, or good tetrahedrons? What is the best rough you've found? What's the biggest rough you've pulled? What percent of the run is melee under 1 ct?

What are the estimated reserves? Was that done by an independent mining geologist? How long has it been in production.? What are the fuel and repair overhead figures per month?? What has been the current return on investment??

Lots of good things to know.. if you answer all these questions and a few more, then you'll have your write up done you can email to potential investors who are going to ask all this and more..

-J

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:58 am 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

Mining is one of Sierra Leone's most important industries and diamond are one of the country's main exports. In June 2003, the UN ban on the sale of Sierra Leone diamonds (introduced during the civil war) expired after the civil war . the Government has continued to enhance its control over diamond mining.

Sierra Leone is a founder member of the Kimberley Process for diamond exports, which is promoted by the United Nations. This process brings together industry, governments and NGOs to provide certificates of origin for diamonds and to regulate exports to prevent the financing of war through the sale of 'conflict diamonds'. Since the introduction of the Kimberley Process, Sierra Leone has seen the export of legally mined diamonds increase substantially, surging 66% in 2003 to US$76m (507,000 carats) and increasing further to US$127m in 2004 (692,000 carats). The average price achieved in 2004 was US$183 per carat.

The quality of Sierra Leonean diamonds is renowned, particularly as there have been recovered some spectacularly large stones of very high value from its alluvial deposits; the established diamond fields are concentrated in the Kono (Koidu), Kenema and Bo Districts and are mainly situated in the drainage areas of the Sewa, Bafi, Woa, Mano and Moa Rivers. Alluvial diamond concentrations occur in river-channel gravels, flood-plain gravels, terrace gravels and in gravel residues in soils and swamps.

My mine is in Kono which is open pit, i wnat to use this mine to postive influnce and help people living in it community to get education.

Interested partner should contact me soon.