January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Are you using or have you recently purchased a Jewelry Appraisal Software?
Yes - I recently purchased an appraisal software 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Thinking about it - I am considering it 56%  56%  [ 5 ]
No - I prefer preparing/writing my appraisals manually 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Looking for Gemologists – Appraisal Software Early-Access
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:35 pm 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

We are excited to introduce our new Jewelery Appraisal Software! (Coming in the second half of 2015)

We are currently looking for Gemologists to try out our new web-based, multi-platform jewelry appraisal software. Our goal is to optimize the overall jewelry appraisal process by minimizing the amount of typing and calculations required. Simply enter the basic element parameters and let us do the rest – our software automatically generates the content of your appraisal!

Features:

Create your Jewelry Appraisals in minutes!
    Compatible with all Operating Systems (Mac & PC/Windows)
    Compatible with Tablets and Smartphones!
    Accessible Worldwide, 24/7 from any device!
    No installation required
    No updates required
    No Database Maintenance required
    Affordable Monthly Subscription Fee
    Easily Manage your Client Accounts
    Easily Manage your Appraisals
    PDF Format and Printable Appraisals
    Email Appraisals to Clients in one click!
    Real-Time Precious Metal Market Prices
    Easy-to-Use User Interface with minimal typing required
    Much more…

Looking for Gemologists – 1-YEAR FREE Membership!

We are currently looking for Gemologists of all experience level to try out and test our early-access software! 3 Gemologists will be selected from the list of applicants and will gain early access to our BETA Release. The selected applicants will also benefit from a FREE 1-year membership to our Jewellery Appraisal Software!

Early-Access Registrations – Register or Refer a Gemologist

You can register at http://www.jewelleryappraisalsoftware.com

More Information
We want to hear from you! For questions, feedback and/or suggestions.

Post subject: Re: Looking for Gemologists – Appraisal Software Early-Acces
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

Actually, I insist that any questions, concerns or comments on this software be posted publicly.

What is the premise of the software? Is it USPAP compliant?
What market(s) are defined?
How would the software handle antique and vintage goods? Would they be valued in a secondary market? If so, what secondary market?

How would the software handle branded items? Tiffany, Judith Ripka, Cartier, Graff?

A custom designed piece with an unusual, collectible gem?

Mass manufactured birthstone ring from Walmart?

Jewelry purchased through online venues, like Blue Nile or Whiteflash?

Now, for probate, estate liquidation, fair market? Is the software capable of handling that?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:35 pm 

Hi Barbra,

Thank you for your response and for voicing your concerns/suggestions. I agree! Let's keep the Q&A on the forum thread to make sure that all questions are answered and all concerned are addressed.

The primary goal of our software is to speed up the "paperwork" aspect of the appraisal process. The software's user interface is build around minimal keyboard use and replaced by the use of a mouse (on desktop/laptop computers) or fingers (on tablets and smartphones). The software also greatly speeds up the appraisal delivery be giving you the tools to easily email your generated appraisals in PDF format. It is also possible to print your appraisals locally, on any printer using a quality paper/stock of your choice. We are also adding a customer management feature to help users organize their appraisal archives. We are working on other features and those will be announced later on - stay tuned!

- Compliance: We do not foresee "compliance" as being an issue. We will base our appraisal format(s) to follow the guidelines of different governing bodies/authorities.

- Markets: Our platform will be available online as a SaaS (Software as a Service) and are hoping to appeal to the worldwide jewelry market.

- Branded Items: Our software will be able to handle the most complex items, from standard, generic/branded items to exotic, fully custom designs (including timepieces).

We are still at an early stage of development and more details will be released as development moves along. We will be adding new content to the website along with screenshots of our application for more visual cues.

On that note, we would like to thank you for your interest and would like to encourage the community to speak up and provide input on this topic, including questions, suggestions and concerns.

Thank you
The Jewellery Appraisal Software Team
www.jewelleryappraisalsoftware.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

I wish I could find a software program that would make my appraisal work easy.
I have been a professional appraiser for some decades....and it is not easy.
Every client brings a unique situation.
I never approach a replacement appraisal on a cost plus basis.
Every geographic location has its own market.
New York is not the same as London, Tokyo, San Francisco, Dubai or Toledo, Ohio.
Is an item valued for replacement in a primary market or secondary market?
Is the item stamped with maker's marks? Quite a different approach: Stuller vs. Daniel K vs. Simon G. vs. Tiffany vs. goldberry.

I could go on for days.....LaShawn?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:15 pm 

You bring up very good points Barbra, this is the reason we are trying to keep an open mind and make sure we get as much feedback as possible from the international community.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:03 am 
Gemology Online Veteran

well this is very interesting topic, i did predicted that cloud and SaaS platform will be the next era of programmers in every category, (example Microsoft® Office 365...).

Regarding Appraisal software integration to SaaS, our appraisal reports can be very unique for each clients or very common, i am sure most professional appraisers understand what i am talking about.
i have an appraisal software and still i export the report to Word/Corel/Acrobat software to do my own designs and changes, its different for each client. sometimes i even add background to the report or if i want to print it i use blank background. anyways i think your software would be great & covers most general items to get appraised.

I strongly suggest that you get consulting from LaShawn, and Barbra, they are the two most professional appraisers in this forum,

LaShawn can write a book on this topic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:08 pm 

Thank you for your feedback Farshid, we are trying to incorporate a lot of design flexibility to make sure that reports can be personalized with each Gemologist's own brand. We also understand that different type of document may require different layouts and designs - we are working on it!

Quesiton: This is unrelated to the current topic, but does anyone know the rules regarding private messages on the Forum? I have received PMs and am unable to read/respond to them. The software says I do not have permission to use that feature - any idea how this could be resolved?

Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:57 am 
Site Admin

One gets full privileges, including PMs after 10 approved posts.
Again, we do not promote PMs.
Share information publicly. That is the purpose of this format.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:40 pm 

Thank you for the information Barbra.

With that said, we also encourage posting questions and suggestions publicly on the forums.

For those who have sent PMs, please accept our apology for the delay. We will respond as soon as we obtain proper permission and post all information to the forums while preserving privacy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:51 pm 
Valued Contributor

Hi,

I would love to register as I am for years already an appraiser, but when I click on the link, I get an error message????? :(

Charles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:49 pm 

Hi charlessand,

I apologize for that - the site is now back up and running!

Please let me know if you are experiencing any additional difficulties.

The link: http://www.jewelleryappraisalsoftware.com

Thank you!
The Jewellery Appraisal Software Team
http://www.jewelleryappraisalsoftware.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:43 pm 

Hello everyone!
Wow, we last posted in April 2015… For those who are/have been wondering if this project is dead, I have good news for all of you!

First – I would like to apologize for the very long delay. Our project had to be put on hold shortly after our initial announcement. We resumed work in October 2016 and we have kept everything quiet as we did not want to repeat our original mistake with any premature announcements.
Now, for the good news… Our small team has been hard at work on this project for the past 18+ months and we are finally ready to announce our new jewellery appraisal software: Instappraise!

What is Instappraise?
Instappraise is a web/cloud-based jewellery appraisal software for gemologists and jewelers – oh, and their customers too! That’s right, Instappraise allows your customers to access their appraisals on their own private, secure account, directly on our platform.
Wait – Does that mean your software does not handle paper certificates?
Don’t worry – you can use Instappraise to create paper certificates. Certificates can be customized and printed on your own letterheads or using our fully formatted templates. (We plan in integrating new template designs as we go along)

What are the advantages?
Since the beginning, our mission has been to create a software that makes the appraisal process simpler, easier and faster.
We strongly believe we have created one of the most powerful and flexible Description Builder in the industry. This feature allows you to write create your item descriptions without typing. (Okay, there is a small amount of typing required but very little, we promise).
On top of that, we have detailed editors for all component types such as diamonds, gem stones, pearls, watches, clasps, backings, etc...
Data Providers: RapNet, Precious Metal, Exchange Rates, etc…
We are teaming up with multiple data providers in the industry in order to make the pricing process as fast and easy as possible. RapNet members can take advantage of our automated diamond pricing by using their TechNet API credentials.

Instappraise is built for the global community. Our software also automatically converts all pricing data into the default currency of your choice.

Picture Editor
Our software contains a built-in picture editor that allows you to rotate, crop and brighten your pictures. Our certificates handle up to 3 high quality pictures for the best possible result. Simply upload your pictures onto your appraisals and keep everything on the cloud.

More
Instappraise offers a lot more. We will be introducing a lot of new exciting features in the coming months as we prepare for the official launch. We think that we can provide a service that can really help Gemologists and Jewelers from all over the world and we are committed to delivering the best product service/possible.
In order to do so, we believe we owe it to the industry to listen to the community. That includes gemologist appraisers, retail jewelers, suppliers, goldsmiths, etc… This is where our BETA trial program come in...

I would like to help and provide feedback. How can I try Instappraise?
We are currently accepting new applications to BETA participants. If you would like to participate, we would like to invite you to submit your application by visiting http://www.instappraise.com
We have limited openings to in our BETA program but we also believe in “strength in numbers”. We will do our best to gradually on-board as many participants as possible.

I would like to join the BETA - what is required from me and what should I expect?
Our beta program is completely free. We would like to see beta participants actively use our solution to create their appraisals. At this stage, our software still needs some improvement so things are not perfect. The BETA will last for as long as it takes to bring the software up to your standards.
Quality is our top priority and we are confident that by working closely with the community, we will soon be in a position to provide the best appraisal solution out there.

Thank you
We look forward to working with you and all/other industry professionals from all over the world.

Have any questions?
For more information, visit http://www.instappraise.com or just ask away

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome back.
Has the new software addressed any of the concerns I had 3 years ago?
To refresh our memory

Quote:
I insist that any questions, concerns or comments on this software be posted publicly.

What is the premise of the software? Is it USPAP compliant?
What market(s) are defined?
How would the software handle antique and vintage goods? Would they be valued in a secondary market? If so, what secondary market?

How would the software handle branded items? Tiffany, Judith Ripka, Cartier, Graff?

A custom designed piece with an unusual, collectible gem?

Mass manufactured birthstone ring from Walmart?

Jewelry purchased through online venues, like Blue Nile or Whiteflash?

Now, for probate, estate liquidation, fair market? Is the software capable of handling that?

What happened to
http://www.jewelleryappraisalsoftware.com

Is this a British Company? Canadian?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:49 pm 

Hi Barbra,
Thank you for your questions. Here are some answers that I hope will clarify a few things:

Q: What is the premise of the software? Is it USPAP compliant?
A: The software was developed following the Jewellery Appraisal Guidelines (JAG) and GIA appraisal and grading standards. Our Head of Gemology is a GIA Graduate Gemologist with 20+ years of experience.
JAG Available at: http://www.jewellersvigilance.ca/docs/J ... s_2010.pdf
We will look into the USPAP compliance and will make sure we meet all their standards.

Q: What market(s) are defined?
Our software is built to handle markets from all over the world. As of now, it is better suited for North America but we are planning on adapting the software to different markets, using market-dependent standards.

Q: How would the software handle antique and vintage goods? Would they be valued in a secondary market? If so, what secondary market?
The software was built with enough flexibility to account for the vast majority of jewelry, including custom pieces. Our Description Builder gives the users a very powerful yet flexible solution to describe the items and our components follow current GIA standards.

Q: How would the software handle branded items? Tiffany, Judith Ripka, Cartier, Graff? A custom designed piece with an unusual, collectible gem? Mass manufactured birthstone ring from Walmart? Jewelry purchased through online venues, like Blue Nile or Whiteflash?
By default, our user interface presents a pre-defined set of options to users that can be selected with a simple mouse click. That speeds up and simplifies the description process. The drawback with this approach is that it is impossible to account for all possible options/scenarios. For that reason, the software offers enough flexibility so that most things can be modified/overwritten manually.

The important thing to remember with our platform is that it will constantly improve and grow as more members of the community get involved. That means that more features and options will be added on a monthly, weekly and sometimes daily basis.

Q: Now, for probate, estate liquidation, fair market? Is the software capable of handling that?
Instappraise allows users to create 3 main document types:
- Appraisals
- Quotes (That’s right! You can also use Instappraise to easily create custom jewelry quotes for your customers)
- Take-In Forms

The full breakdown is as follows:

- Insurance Appraisal
- Estate Appraisal
- Certificate of Sale
- Replacement Estimate
- Wholesale Appraisal
- Diamond Report
- Gemstone Report
- Comparison Appraisal
- Liquidation Appraisal
- Collateral Appraisal
- Custom Jewellery Quote
- Diamond Quote
- Gemstone Quote
- Take-In Forms

All document types come with their own disclaimers and formatting.

Q: What happened to http://www.jewelleryappraisalsoftware.com
Q: Is this a British Company? Canadian?
Instappraise is a Canadian-based company. We hope to offer the best solution to gemologists and jewelers worldwide.

We originally set up JewelleryAppraisalSoftware.com to see how much interest there was in such a product. The idea was very well received, enough for us to invest the past 2 years into the project. The domain name was selected for SEO purposes and we also had not yet decided on a brand/name. Our platform can now be accessed at https://www.instappraise.com

I hope this answers some of your questions. I would be more than happy to answer any other questions or concerns you may have.

I would like to end this post by mentioning that we take the community/industry’s feedback very seriously. We welcome the praise just as much as the criticism and appreciate all feedback. We have a long-term vision and have some very exciting new features that we believe will have the potential to change the industry.