January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Hello from Montreal,Quebec,Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:38 pm 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

I would like to say hello to all of you gem lovers and thank you to let me be part of this big community :D ,I'm new to this and have no professional experience what so ever but very interested in learning more about gemology.
As you can see in the title I'm from Montreal in Canada and I'm hoping to find people in this community who I can talk to about the gemology subject.
A few years ago I've inherited a small lot of loose gemstones from a family member and ever since I kept them in a box without paying any attention to them but last year I started reading on the internet about them to see if they could have any value and I started to build interest in the subject.
I've read a lot on the internet about the subject but I believe that there's nothing better than to talk to people who know the subject :)
My primary language is french so if you see some weird sentences in my posts I apologize in advance but I will try my best to write as clear as possible.
Again thank you for letting me being part of this great community.

Sebastien

Post subject: Re: Hello from Montreal,Quebec,Canada
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:16 pm 
Valued Contributor

Bonjour Sébastien,

Bienvenu, Sébastien. Nous sommes quelques québécois sur ce site. Mais nous communiquons en anglais. Personnellement, je vis sur la rive-sud de la région de Québec.

Ce site est vraiment très bien. Nous avons la chance de pouvoir communiquer avec des personnes qui ont un bagage impressionnant de connaissances et d'expériences. Chacun a ses points forts et les partagent.

En plus des gemmologues, tu vas aussi y trouver d'excellents lapidaires.

Tu as la chance de vivre à Montéal. Tu as donc accès à l'École de gemmologie de Montréal( http://ecoledegemmologie.com/accueil/mission/) qui donne les cours pratiques et fait passer les examens pour la très connue Association de gemmologie de Grande-Bretagne( http://www.gem-a.com/). Tu as aussi accès au Club de minéralogie de Montréal ( http://www.clubmineralogiemtl.com/) où tu peux faire des excursions et rencontrer des lapidaires et travailler sur des machines de lapidaires.

Welcome Sevastien. We a a few french canadian from Quebec on this forum. But we don communicate in english on the forum. For my part, I live on the south shore of the St-Laurence river, in the area of Quebec city.

This forum is very good. We have the opportunity to coomunicate with with people that have an impressive amount of knowledges and experiences. Each has his strenght and share them over here.

In bonus, you will find excellent facetters.

You have the chance to live in Montreal. That way, you can go to the Montreal gemmology Scool which offers the pratical courses et the exams for the well known scool FGA(Gem-A). You can also go to the Montreal mineralogy Club. They offer excursions. You can also go in their local too meet facetters and use theirs facetting machines.

Au plaisir de te lire
I be happy to read your posts

Bonne semaine
Good week

Brigitte

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:33 pm 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

Merci beaucoup pour les precieux conseils,c'est tres apprecier

Thank you for the precious advices it's really appreciated :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:36 pm 

Welcome et Bienvenu Sebastien!