Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Re: Burma Ruby
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:27 am 
roshanravan wrote:
Fabri wrote:
Roshanravan, yes the stone has some inclusion but almost impossible to see with naked eyes. . It looks transparent with very nice brilliance and color. Only if you look at the stone at certain side and with certain light you hardly might be able to spot some little inclusion on the corner. But you really need to look at it very very carefully. With the lent you can see some inclusions. Anyway with naked eyes looks almost clean to me..

Fabri wrote:
Oh there is a way to see the certificate online. I didn’t know that! Thanks for your comment Barbra.. honestly I‘m having different opinions from everyone. Some say 10k, some even 4.5k, some 15k, some 20k to 40k. I’m very confused. I’m just trying to learn, asking questions but it’s really hard.
Btw I didn’t know the Gem Guide before, thanks for that. It seems an accredited website. I wasn’t considering that my stone could be up to 40k even I saw uglier stones for sale around this price. I’m getting at the conclusion that is more like how much someone is willing to pay..
thanks a lot again. I’ve asked also a GRS certificate and will be ready in couple of month, just to know exactly the amount of the residues. Hopefully it’s going to be an H, or H(a).

i want to change this famous quote to 'value in the eye of the beholder' when you want to sell (for cash or flip it) the value is obsolete because the winner is who ever pays more.

let me clarify more, when you are in jewelry industry there are different tiers and levels, and for each the pricing is different, for example for your Ruby the Production and sale is like:

Exploration & Mining -> Suppliers of Materials -> Cutting/ Polishing of Gemstones -> Suppliers -> Treatments of gemstones -> Dealers -> Manufacturing -> Wholesale & Distribution -> Dealers -> Retailer -> Final Consumer

each of the above tiers can have different pricing based on regional and marketing and their experiences/expertise/professionalism also branding strategies,
unlike diamonds there is no centralized marketing and market price control for Colored Stones

so i think you got the idea how vague your question might be! which one of those tiers are we talking about? and in what level?

let me give you an example. How much (do you think) is the price of bottled water?
depending on location/situation it's different. some places give it to you for free, if you buy all of the inventory directly from distributor you probably pay 1 Cent per bottle, if you buy bulk from Costco it's 7 Cents per bottle, if you buy from Super Market it like $1, if you buy from Airport or some fancy Restaurant it's up to $15, did you know that the cost having 1 bottled water delivered to the International Space Station is like $10000?!!!!!! the same bottle of water can be from nothing to $10000 and it's not even as complicated as Jewelry and Gemstone business which involves much more tiers and levels.

Thanks for the answer. To be honest I trade with rubies but in very large quantities and I know exactly what is the cost wholesale at the top of the scale because I sell it. I’m just totally blind about the retail price of my stones in Europe or the States. I know my clients sell to distributors and again to stores. . Your comment is totally right.. it’s just that I’m missing some of that steps such as the retail price on the other side of the world. I sell to big groups but recently I started to develop the idea to distribute some lot myself. So with no rush I’m investigating starting from the stone I’ll give to my family on Xmas. Like the one I posted because that’s the quality of my lots average. . I’d easily ask my clients how much they sell it but they won’t answer me or tell
Me something not correct.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
To be honest I trade with rubies but in very large quantities and I know exactly what is the cost wholesale at the top of the scale because I sell it.

Why were you dishonest when you originally posted? "I want a ring for my mother. I don't want to sell the stone"
Why did you think you needed to make up a story?
:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:00 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

Fabri wrote:
Thanks for the answer. To be honest I trade with rubies but in very large quantities and I know exactly what is the cost wholesale at the top of the scale because I sell it. I’m just totally blind about the retail price of my stones in Europe or the States. I know my clients sell to distributors and again to stores. . Your comment is totally right.. it’s just that I’m missing some of that steps such as the retail price on the other side of the world. I sell to big groups but recently I started to develop the idea to distribute some lot myself. So with no rush I’m investigating starting from the stone I’ll give to my family on Xmas. Like the one I posted because that’s the quality of my lots average. . I’d easily ask my clients how much they sell it but they won’t answer me or tell
Me something not correct.

First you say it was a form of payment for a work you did and now change your story? and you know exactly the cost of the wholesale because you sell it? you know what get your story straight!

assuming you are in wholesale business the question you asked is for people who never seen a ruby before so i can't even understand what kind of trade person asks that kind of question about retail price!!!!

you want to compare your prices to a retail store like Bulgari? or a retailer flea market in Thailand!? what kind of trade person ask question like that!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:42 pm 
Gold Member

roshanravan wrote:
Fabri wrote:
what kind of trade person ask question like that!!!!

The kind i don't put out an effort to help, and the kind I don't do business with....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:36 pm 
Site Admin

Fabri is no longer with us. His account has been deactivated.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:03 am 

What a bizarre thread this was. Not 100% sure what type, but definitely some weird strain of drama we don't need.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:37 am 
Gemology Online Veteran

why not being straightforward from the beginning [-X :| :!: :?: anyway there is something good out of this, if someone else asks how much my Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/Diamond... worth then we can refer to this topic so he/she gets some answers and also understand to get his/her acts together.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:14 pm 
Site Admin

I have received several subsequent emails from Fabri trying to explain himself.
More stories.
I explained, "Your thread should have read, “I am a ruby dealer in Thailand and would like help in getting retail price information from various parts of the world. Can anyone help with that?”

If that was his approach, he would still be a member.