Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: Gemstone use in Astrology
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:52 am 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

The Right Gemstones

Gemstones astrology: In Vedic astrology, gemstones are recommended based on your horoscope. It is believed that by wearing these prescribed gemstones you can overcome the obstacles in your chart. The cause of unhappy relationships or lack of success can be astrological. Wearing a certain gemstone may turn your love life and career around so you can have a fulfilling relationship. Gems affect the subtle energy field, which emanates from every living thing, where our energetic and emotional habits, thoughts pattern, belief systems, and mental energies, and over a period of time this promotes long-lasting changes. The correct use of gems is quite necessary. Gems are therefore classified into two types: hot and cold. Ruby, Red coral, Diamond, and Cat’s eye are hot gems whereas Pearl, Topaz, Blue Sapphire, and Gomed are cold in nature.

Gemstones can also be used when positions are not good for you: They are used to keep off the planetary misfortune. Identification and selection of a correct gemstone is hence, a critical work for a person. One can always recommend an expert astrologer to provide their guidance to select a right gemstone for you with their keen observation and intuition. Before wearing a gemstone you must be sure that the gemstone is compatible to you or not. Incompatible gemstone can show negative effects for you. So, it is highly recommended that you should take expert astrologer advice before wearing a gemstone. Correct weight gemstone needs to be considered before any use. Too heavy stone can overload and too little may not work at all. Therefore, the weight of any stone should be balanced so that it strengthens your planetary positions of stars.

Attachments:
File comment: use of gemstone in 12 astrology zodiac sign like Aries, Taurus, Gemini, cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces.
12.jpg
12.jpg [ 8.27 KiB | Viewed 6212 times ]
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 4.97 KiB | Viewed 6212 times ]
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 6.18 KiB | Viewed 6212 times ]
 Post subject: Re: Gemstone use in Astrology
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 am 
Site Admin

I've moved this thread here because, although this is not really the core intent of our platform, some members might find it interesting.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:51 am 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

mr Barbra Voltaire,

why are you move my thread......... any problem mr Barbra Voltaire

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:49 am 
Site Admin

Our intent is to supply technical information for gem and jewelry professionals.
I think that was clear in my first response.
There are other platforms online discussing Verdic astrology and alleged, new age gem properties.
GemologyOnline is not one of them. :D

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 am 
Site Admin

Thank you mr Barbra 8)

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:04 am 
Site Admin

My pleasure, Ms Forsberg.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:58 pm 
Valued Contributor

Astrology is HILARIOUS!

Please post more!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:17 pm 

Come on, like you guys are any better. If you were real scientists, this would be Gemonomy Online... :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:54 am 
Established Member

I personally find looking at certain types of natural materials very soothing. I especially like opal and petrified wood because each piece is unique and seems to provide its own story. Whether the feeling I get is caused by the beauty of the piece, the power given off by the material itself, or both, I really don’t know. What I do know is that the simple act of seeing and touching opal and petrified wood calms me.

“Superstition is foolish, childish, primitive, and irrational – but how much does it cost you to knock on wood?” Judith Viorst
In those situations where I feel it to be necessary or useful, I knock on wood. :-)

Bob Nolan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:54 am 

I too have a calming feeling when I look at a beautiful gemstone. I also have the opposite feeling looking at the broken pieces of a beautiful gemstone after a setting mishap. Maybe its right, gemstones can influence moods. :D

In all seriousness, gemstone healing, religion, strange preferences (not expanding on that) are not for everyone. Kudos to anyone with faith in something. I envy you as I'm far too sceptical.

Mr. Barbra and Ms Forsberg LMAO!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:07 pm 
Established Member

A worry stone is carried around and, when needed, rubbed by its owner in an attempt to relieve stress, lessen worry associated with a problem, or act as a calming influence. Wiccans and other believers in the power of stones feel they can be a very important part of the mental and physical healing process.

It should also be noted that worry stones are considered a valid cognitive behavior therapy tool used as a means of soothing the patient during and after treatment.

However, if you're not presently in therapy, already feel confident, stress isn’t a problem, and have nothing to worry about, casually pulling out a 33-carat precious opal nodule while standing around with someone you want to be your friend is great for starting a conversation. :-)

Bob Nolan