January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: diamonds in the kichen
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:16 pm 
Valued Contributor

I had a hard time deciding where to put this, as there is no "Foolishness" section :)

I needed a new non-stick type of pan as the Teflon on my old one started to look like an old phenolic lap. I had seen new ceramic type with no Teflon advertised on TV,so off to Walmart to look at their "Seen on TV" section. The green ceramic ones stood out as familiar, but I saw this blue one and the color looked more coordinated with my kitchen, so I grabbed it. I was very surprised when I read the description.

Yes, diamonds :)

It reminds me a little of one of Jon's creations :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist showing. It is almost too pretty to use.

Jim

Post subject: Re: diamonds in the kichen
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:13 pm 
Gemology Online Royal Princess

I really don't think that's what was meant by "Diamonds are a girl's best friend" [-X .

You are correct, though ... it is mighty pretty to be ruining by cooking. Better go out to eat from now on :wink: .

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:21 pm 

Hahahahahahah! Could that be where Robert 'dumb-ass' James got his 'infusion'... at Wall-Mart?

#-o

Remove handle and drill 1/2" hole... whack on machine and have yourself a cabbing-faceting combo lap...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:47 pm 

This Robert James-bashing is getting old :x .

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:03 am 

Is it? He bashed and trashed for years... never heard a peep from you... now he gets a lashing himself and it gets old instantly?

Go read your bible... Job 4:8 comes to mind...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:22 am 
Site Admin

Also he lied about missing disclosures and tried to miscredit dealers from a certain region. That will not be forgotten. In my opinion that is as bad as presenting a stone as untreated, if it in fact is not, and you are aware of the treatment. Lying without remorse shows me he is truly unreliable and actually should be ignored.

Not to mention his sloppy science and refusal to let top labs verify his "finds", scare tactics and tin foil stetson mentality where the a large portion of the gemological world is accused of being part of a conspiracy against mr James and consumers in general. It is a pity he choose that track.

I guess the present "bashing" is just a sign that enough is enough.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:12 am 

The bashing has been going on for about 8 years now -- not exactly "instant".

It started getting even worse just a couple years ago, after certain people joined this forum.

I've remained quiet on both sides, hoping things would calm down. I know I don't need the stress. Some of the comments rise to the level of slander here in the US. If I were a newbie I'd start to wonder about joining this field. :smt009

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:08 am 

The truth is never slander... not even in the US of A.

Go read your Bible... Proverbs 23:23 comes to mind...

If a newbie stays way clear of that lunatic due to anything I write then I consider that a service well performed. Gotta do some consumer protecting of my own, ey... Why not start with those about to consume some gemmo knowledge...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 am 

Tim -- Two Bible verses? It brings me true pleasure to know that you not only own a Bible, but have been reading it, as well! As you read from the Old Testament into the New, you will begin to discover the true purpose of the Bible: To show man that he is a sinner without hope. Enter Jesus Christ, God's son to die upon the cross to save you. It is only through the shedding of His blood that we can enter Heaven.

Should you decide to accept the Lord's gracious gift, please let me know so that I may rejoice with you in the knowledge that you will be present at the Marriage Feast of the Lamb and reign with Christ Jesus forever and ever! Maranatha!! :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:00 pm 
Gold Member

OK, you win. I'm no longer reading this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:10 am 
Valued Contributor

:roll:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:18 pm 
Platinum Member

I chewed on this thread a little and as a "Meandering Footnote" (forum topic suggestion) , I wondered;
Would that feasty, banquet thingy where the lamb gets married also include a Caesar salad?
I like a nice Caesar salad.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:49 pm 

:lol: Only you, JB, only you! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:43 pm 
Platinum Member

When I got my first fast internet connection(ca.1998) the first things I searched on were gemology gemmology faceting microscopy and spectroscopy , not in any particular order.

Among the things that came up were one of rjs your gemologist sites and I thought, "Oh boy this is going to be great." The ability to communicate with and meet like minded and interested people all over the place.

Later on, I saw a post he made ,where he said words to the effect that, he would not "let" a student buy some particular instrument or scope because it was too advanced for them. "Who TF does this asshole think he is" was my reaction. I deleted the bookmarks and have only looked at his stuff when someone gives me a reason to.
Since then I have avoided him.

He is IMO a troublesome and vexatious person who deserves to be shunned. IMO He takes advantage of those who don't know that the ISG credential is not worth as much as a GIA credential. IMO He instills false confidence in people by making them think they can get a gemological education on the cheap. IMO he does not have the decency to go away after having been discredited multiple times.

The very existence of THIS forum I come to discover follows from his bad tyrannical behavior on his own fora (which he is, of course, within his rights to do). So I do thank him for that.

Expressing opinions on these matters is protected by the Constitution of the United States. So is poking fun
at someone who sorely needs it. Surely if you and every late night talk show host can poke fun at the President (of EITHER party) then poking some fun at Robert James must also be protected by Free Speech rules.

As far as Slander is concerned there is no softer pillow than the truth. (small T for your benefit Barb. :lol: )

I do worry that all this rj bashing plays into his hand. As PT Barnum supposedly told the press "Say whatever you like about me, but make sure you spell my name right!"

I agree that all the bandwidth discussing Robert James is wasted and it IS getting old. It is also necessary. He has been shouting down people who disagree with him for years. Now he has pissed off too many people and is getting a taste of his own bitter medicine. This is NOT the place for Christian forgiveness. That only happens when the sinner renounces the sin and promises to do better. This has not happened as far as I can tell. "Love the sinner , hate the sin!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:42 am 
Established Member

It might actually be good to cook with that to remove the fat due to diamonds property of being dirt resistent. The heat conducting property of diamonds is also well exploited here.

Ruining the pot by cooking?? you must be joking. Maybe ruining good meats though if the fats and greases are necessary for the taste.

I would not cook the penny though - might lower its neumismatic value! lol.

I can imagine that it would be good to cook veggies that way. I might be interested in one too. After seeing the videos done on google by seemingly normal non-tv paid people, I think the blue diamond coated pan might need more diamonds encrusted in the ceramic for my taste. I might be more interested in a diamond coating like Morion probably sells on CZs so as to maximize the effect of cooking with diamonds.