January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Another "new gem design app" thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:02 pm 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

WOW! =D>

I just downloaded the app for the first time and I'm amazed. Payment was a breeze, very smooth experience.

Looking forward to a mobile version.

Keep up the great work Rej!

Congrats from Colombia!! =D>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:21 pm 

Rej

Congratulations on finally releasing your work of art!

Downloading was no problem once told Windows 10 I didnt want their "protection" for what I was doing.

Payment via Paypal was easy!

Registration finally succeeded once I figured out that the email address is case sensitive (I inadvertantly made one of the characters in my email a Capital letter).

Unfortunately I am unable to locate where I can create "My Account" and entering my email address with "lost password" results in the message "Invalid email address".

Thank you for a refreshing new approach to gemstone design.

John

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:28 pm 
Valued Contributor

fangari wrote:
WOW! =D>

I just downloaded the app for the first time and I'm amazed. Payment was a breeze, very smooth experience.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback (and for purchasing). I'm glad to wake up this morning and not have to deal with website drama.

Fangari, I appreciate the quick sale but I do want people to take time to evaluate the app, there's no pressure to buy right away. (Pero..gracias!)

The mobile version is incoming, I don't know when though. Luckily it's not a rewrite, just user interface tweaks for mobile screens.

Unfortunately with the way Apple and Google run their stores, there's no way for me to use the same licensing model on mobile. If money changes hands for an app, it has to be through their respective stores (so they can take their greedy 30% cut!). That also means if you have both Android and iOS devices, you need to buy twice...

So what I'll do is price the app lower, 20$ or something. To avoid having to pay too much for the whole package.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:15 pm 
Valued Contributor

jajohnson wrote:
Registration finally succeeded once I figured out that the email address is case sensitive (I inadvertantly made one of the characters in my email a Capital letter).

Unfortunately I am unable to locate where I can create "My Account" and entering my email address with "lost password" results in the message "Invalid email address".

Thanks for the report John, that's my bad, emails are not case-sensitive as part of the web spec so I shouldn't make them case-sensitive in the registration. What I'll do is force them to lower case upon submitting the form on the website , so that the licence code generated is using lower case going forward.

In your case though, you will need to continue to use the upper case first letter as that's what was used to generate your code.

There's not much to see in "My account", it's more of a thing that came with the web template for online stores, but if you ever lose the confirmation email and need your key again, just email me and I'll sort you out one way or another.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:07 pm 

Hi,
Just trying the app out on my Mac Pro (Early 2008)-El Capitan10.11.6. I have been using GemCad through the Crossover app.

My first observation using your Mac version of GemCutStudio is I tried to open a .gem file but nothing happends. I changed the prefernces to use "System Open Dialog" but the gem files still don't open. No error message or anything, just no open file. Is there file compatibility issues? Is there any work-around?

Is there a QA place you would prefer to use instead of this formum to report issues?

Thanks for making an attempt for us Mac users,

Dave Kingman
Attachment:
gemapp.png
gemapp.png [ 98.4 KiB | Viewed 2740 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:13 pm 
Valued Contributor

Kingmanarts wrote:
Hi,
Just trying the app out on my Mac Pro (Early 2008)-El Capitan10.11.6. I have been using GemCad through the Crossover app.

My first observation using your Mac version of GemCutStudio is I tried to open a .gem file but nothing happends. I changed the prefernces to use "System Open Dialog" but the gem files still don't open. No error message or anything, just no open file. Is there file compatibility issues? Is there any work-around?

Is there a QA place you would prefer to use instead of this formum to report issues?

Thanks for making an attempt for us Mac users,

Dave Kingman

That's very strange... I've not seen that before. If you create a design (or just save a blank new "cube" design), can you open that?

Please get in touch via email (rej@gemcutstudio.com), and I'll see what can be done to figure this out. I don't want to spam these boards.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:23 am 

After saving a original design and reopening it I was able to open .gem files. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:35 pm 
Valued Contributor

Rej,
The buying process was very smooth! Will this be able to run on an ipad soon?

Thanks for all your work on this! Great program!

Alex Edwards

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:54 pm 
Valued Contributor

Incredible work, Rej. So excited you've gotten it to version 1! I know you want people to try before they buy but also you've been so kind to us with beta versions that it feels wrong to not show some financial support. The program has been a huge help in getting me from a fledgling gemcutter to selling beautiful stones that I feel it's the least I can do!

B9 CORE
Ultratec V5 Digital

http://www.hewngoods.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:49 am 

Hi!

Buying was a simple and straightforward thing. Your software is the best thing since sliced bread.

I prefer if you submit your e-mail twice when registering – less risk of making a mistake.

I am not able to login or get a new password for “My Account”, I get the “Invalid username or email.”

Do you prefer error reports in this thread or on mail?

Best regards
/P-A

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:02 pm 
Valued Contributor

Langland wrote:
I am not able to login or get a new password for “My Account”, I get the “Invalid username or email.”

Sorry about that. The "My account" page was removed, then re-added as my web guy and I discussed its necessity but it looks like it's not been completely re-enable correctly. I've asked him to have a look at it this morning.

Trevor, Alex and everyone else. I really appreciate your support and feedback through the course of the beta process (and now). I hope to see some of you (again for Trevor) in Tucson next year.

Oh and Trevor ... just for you and your suggestion last year in this thread: load up your favorite design, then punch in the konami code ... :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:02 am 
Valued Contributor

Rej wrote:
Langland wrote:

Sorry about that. The "My account" page was removed, then re-added as my web guy and I discussed its necessity but it looks like it's not been completely re-enable correctly. I've asked him to have a look at it this morning.

Trevor, Alex and everyone else. I really appreciate your support and feedback through the course of the beta process (and now). I hope to see some of you (again for Trevor) in Tucson next year.

Oh and Trevor ... just for you and your suggestion last year in this thread: load up your favorite design, then punch in the konami code ... :D

YESSSSS. Amazing! I got to level 7 haha... what a great idea for a fun easter egg. Glad to be a part of it!

B9 CORE
Ultratec V5 Digital

http://www.hewngoods.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:40 am 
Valued Contributor

@Rej,
how does the "My Account" work?
I ordered any paid. IN the payment it says I can manage my Keys at My Account.
But I am not able to logg in as I wasn´t asked any logindata while payment process...
Using lost password is also not working as he states my mail is not known ;)
so what should I do ;)
Thank you

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:01 pm 

Rej wrote:
fangari wrote:
WOW! =D>

Thanks to everyone for the feedback (and for purchasing). I'm glad to wake up this morning and not have to deal with website drama.

Fangari, I appreciate the quick sale but I do want people to take time to evaluate the app, there's no pressure to buy right away. (Pero..gracias!)

The mobile version is incoming, I don't know when though. Luckily it's not a rewrite, just user interface tweaks for mobile screens.

Unfortunately with the way Apple and Google run their stores, there's no way for me to use the same licensing model on mobile. If money changes hands for an app, it has to be through their respective stores (so they can take their greedy 30% cut!). That also means if you have both Android and iOS devices, you need to buy twice...

So what I'll do is price the app lower, 20$ or something. To avoid having to pay too much for the whole package.

Rej, I have been using the app for a few days now and the more I use it, the more amazed I am. I am truly in awe of all the features. As a beginner, it is a great tool to experiment and to really grasp concepts that I had a hard time understanding. The fact that there is a Mac version is the icing on the cake, I can finally get rid of the Windows partition :D

I couldn't be happier, and I am very glad to have paid for the license. On one hand, I get to use a great work of software, and on the other, I support your amazing work.

Thanks again! =D>

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:34 am 
Valued Contributor

arglthesheep wrote:
@Rej,
how does the "My Account" work?
I ordered any paid. IN the payment it says I can manage my Keys at My Account.
But I am not able to logg in as I wasn´t asked any logindata while payment process...
Using lost password is also not working as he states my mail is not known ;)
so what should I do ;)
Thank you

Indeed, I was told by my web guy that was all fixed but I just went through a test purchase myself and see got the exact same result as you. :evil:

I'll see if it can be fixed, but I might just remove it all together. I'd rather not store anyone's personal information on my website and I can always be reached if ever you can't find your key in the future.

Just to confirm, you were able to register your copy using the information in the email, right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 353 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next