January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:43 am 
Site Admin

At my last job, I made a custom pendant for a very spiritual woman who went to several seminars conducted by an Indian mystic.
The mystic was able to capture her aura (in his hand!) and convert it to a very large sparkling (15mm) round, faceted gem. It was a highly dispersive bright electric orange.
She was told that she must always wear this gem touching her heart. We designed an open bezel, with the culet protruding and affixed it to a chain of appropriate length.
She called often to thank me and tell me how her life had dramatically improved since she has received the pendant. She never takes it off.

It's true, some gems are magic. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:35 pm 

I suppose that you didn't tell us what kind of gem it was so that if the lady in question ever reads this, her "talisman" won't lose it's power for her?

The mind is a wonderful thing, and often we get what we expect out of life. If it takes a talisman of some sort or another to make a difference, so be it.

That said, the video just struck me as a slick piece of work designed to do exactly what the lady claims would be "severly punished" by God, aka faking a "sign / wonder" from God. Maybe not harmful (although a horribly cynical abuse of the faith of people), but certainly not moral especially in this context.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:36 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

Hey, I am all for people finding strength from wherever and from whatever they can find it. Gaining a healthy placebo effect from a gemstone infused with the power of your own thoughts is fine with me. But using a tale of "signs and wonders" to manipulate a titheing congregation into believing your End of Days theories, comes across as fraud to me. Very entertaining but also a bit disturbing.

But what do I know. I am just a heathen gemologist who believes in evolution and science. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:12 pm 
Platinum Member

Quote:
But what do I know. I am just a heathen gemologist who believes in evolution and science.

Most of us just need to be pointed in the right direction before seeing the light.
For only USD 1000.00 (plus postage - ex. garantue) I will send you a stone that might change your views for good.

Give it a try. If it doesn't benifit you I can garantue it will be benifitial to someone else (most probably me).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:20 pm 

Quote:
But using a tale of "signs and wonders" to manipulate a titheing congregation into believing your End of Days theories, comes across as fraud to me.

You read my mind, especially about the tithing bit, although I deleted what I had written about that before posting because I couldn't find anything that referred to tithing on their website. I don't suppose you had a passing thought for Jim and Tammy Faye Baker while you were at it, did you? Go back and listen for the name of the couple who found them to Google it later? (no chance, you only get the first names, so you can't check if they really exist) :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:48 pm 
Valued Contributor

This story is rather disturbing and sad for those people involved that don't know what they are into. These End of Days organizations are rife with layer upon layer of untruth and religious benediction for their own organizations and the "prophets" that reside in their churchs. They also talk about people getting their teeth filled with gold miraculously, or a diamond fleck in some ladies hair that grew to a bigger diamond before their eyes and radiated with light. Also, $20,000 a month to run a website.... as a guy who works on the internet, that is completely ridiculous.

Someone once told me that with these things, you have to ask about who is being edified in these situations? Is it God or is it these people/prophets/organizations? If its not edifying anything but God, its not from him. In this case it seems gemstones from heaven or gold flecks on your shoulder are doing nothing more than to edify these people and spreading their organizations message of End of Days by creating sensational events that people are drawn to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:56 pm 
Platinum Member

I heared of stories where people sell transparent bricks and metals for lots of money just so they seem important in the eye of peers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:39 pm 

Quote:
I heared of stories where people sell transparent bricks and metals for lots of money just so they seem important in the eye of peers.

Good thing too, or you'd be slinging drinks in a bar somewhere, :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:09 pm 
Gold Member

Ben P wrote:
This story is rather disturbing and sad for those people involved that don't know what they are into. These End of Days organizations are rife with layer upon layer of untruth and religious benediction for their own organizations and the "prophets" that reside in their churchs. They also talk about people getting their teeth filled with gold miraculously, or a diamond fleck in some ladies hair that grew to a bigger diamond before their eyes and radiated with light. Also, $20,000 a month to run a website.... as a guy who works on the internet, that is completely ridiculous.

Someone once told me that with these things, you have to ask about who is being edified in these situations? Is it God or is it these people/prophets/organizations? If its not edifying anything but God, its not from him. In this case it seems gemstones from heaven or gold flecks on your shoulder are doing nothing more than to edify these people and spreading their organizations message of End of Days by creating sensational events that people are drawn to.

I couldn't have said it better, Ben. There have always been shysters and charlatans, magicians, fakirs and cheaters who are self-serving, and whose 'gifts' are not of God, but rather from His anthisesis. It is easy to manipulate those whose faith is placed outside their own inner connection with spirit, and cults and organized religions are notorious for emptying the pockets of the faithful, because their faith is mis-placed if they think they need an intercessor, or middle-man, between them and God, who supposedly possesses something they do not; a direct hotline to Him. :smt033

In this case, IMHO, their unwillingness to do non-destructive testing, coupled with the false statement that destructive testing is the only way left to identify these stones, is a big red flag that cannot be ignored. They're making some riduclous statements about them, like they are too dense for their size - what does that mean? :smt102

I would also expect the answer they are awaiting from God should have arrived by now if they really had a hotline to Heaven...or maybe it's out of order? :smt105

Doos, you said these magical stones supposedly in your possession test out normally, but you neglected to say what the results were. I trust you're just being facetious, because if they were so powerful and important to you, how could you part with them at any price? :smt017

Quantum Mechanics...the dreams stuff is made of. :smt047

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:35 am 

Quote:
They're making some ridiculous statements about them, like they are too dense for their size - what does that mean?

I suspect that they mean that the SG is higher than that of a diamond, but they are keeping it in small words so as not to confuse their flock, and maybe not kick off an "eureka" moment with the mention of specific gravity.

Quote:
I would also expect the answer they are awaiting from God should have arrived by now if they really had a hotline to Heaven...or maybe it's out of order?

Maybe that's why they keep getting more of them, and so far, despite having received 39 of them, they haven't figured out yet that the "extras" are spares. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:02 pm 

WOW Doos, Only 1000 dollars, sounds like a steal.... but i have to ask first, is the face people see Ronald McDonald or Old MacDonald. because if it is Ronald, i see him all the time (he is even wai-ing here in thailand) but if it is Old Macdonald, then i am interested i have heard so much about him as a child, but have never actually seen his picture. i have only the sounds of his animals to sooth my soull. :lol:

Robert Frost- 1916

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:30 pm 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

For any here that might be intested about these magic Gemstones I did find a very good match to the claimed stones.

I believe they are Zircon. I have created a running log of my investigation of these Gemstones for Idaho.

I bought some of these Zircons and they are shown in the link above, scroll down towards the bottom. I am still pressing them for a Gemologist report but I suspect I won't get very far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:17 am 

Zircon or Cubic Zirconia?

Zircon would have the facet doubling that the mall jeweller didn't see, while cubic zirconia wouldn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:05 pm 
Gold Member

We have Magic Stones availilable at $500.00 ct. The size that you require to effect it's power will be determined after we receive your order by email. After receiving your email, we will make a aura analysis straight from the computer monitor to save time and, then, scientifically calculate the proper size for you! Please include COMPLETE credit card billing info - eg, well you know!

For a small fee ($500.) your choice of a holy priest or priestess of a Secret Mystical Society will bless the stone. Add $100 for a nude picture of the Holy One. Another $50 dollars will get you a Delux box with the sacred mark of the Mystical Order imprinted thereon. An additional $50 will elevate your talisman to Elite status - Elite box, Mark of the Order, AND Mark of the Holy One, practically guaranteeing immediate full force and effect your stone's Mystical Powers.

Our GUARANTEE is that NO-ONE who purchases and properly adorns him or herself with our Magic Stones will EXPIRE before his or her time, OR suffer any HARM in the event of an asteriod or meteorite striking Earth on ANY LAND MASS OR BODY OF WATER. Plus many more benefits not fully understood by those outside of the Mystical Order.

Due to Limited Supply, you purchase is RESTRICTED to 5 stones. This is necessary to assure that all desiring a STONE be accomodated. Do NOT go to Amegeddon without yours! Not recommended for children under 12 without adult supervision. Add $50 S&H by Priority Mail. $200 for next day delivery. Delaying your order NOT RECOMMENDED. We are not responsible should any untimely ill befall you before you recieve your stone. Stone only covers purchaser and does NOT extend to family or household members, pets, frogs, or personal or real property.

John M. Huff
CenSat Enterprises

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:20 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
We are not responsible should any untimely ill befall you before you recieve your stone.

nor AFTER, cough cough. you receive your stone.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next