January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: New in Gem Trade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:05 am 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

I am from India and want to do it with honesty.Though I am from India and read so many scams from India so highly worried that anybody would like to do business with me.
I have bought few gemstones in Srilanka and got few rough gemstones faceted for jewelry purpose in India.
Now I am having really tough time selling it in India as gems in India are mostly traded for astrological purpose.
I have few eye clean Ceylon gemstones and some Montana sapphires faceted (eye clean to slightly included) with very good cut.
May I have a help from reputed vendors here who would be interested in buying gemstones from me?

Post subject: Re: New in Gem Trade
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

I hate to be a downer, but there are thousands of seasoned dealers who have earned stellar reputations already.
Perhaps you are jumping into the fire prematurely.
Have you considered getting a job with an experienced company to learn the ropes?

Post subject: Re: New in Gem Trade
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:31 am 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

Barbra Voltaire wrote:
I hate to be a downer, but there are thousands of seasoned dealers who have earned stellar reputations already.
Perhaps you are jumping into the fire prematurely.
Have you considered getting a job with an experienced company to learn the ropes?

Madam,
I am glad that you responded.I take suggestions in positive way only. I was fascinated about these gems since my childhood.Now I got few extra money which I may use for myself and to fulfill my dream so i am trying to understand intricacies and all aspects of Gem Trade. Since at present I am in job so I am afraid to give full time in other job. It is not that before coming into this field i knew about them (Seasoned Seller of stellar reputations). little divergent :because I am coming from such backgrounds (where people breaks the Seashells / Big Rocks and a polished gemstone comes out ). But after knowing them I became more glad that what I saw in my dream years ago has already been done by some people.
I am not even in a mission to get instant riches.

Regards,