January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:23 am 
Gemology Online Veteran

But in this situation, at least to me, it gives me indigestion! I absolutely can not stand people who give those kind of outrageous "appraisals"/values to materials or stones! Whomever that "mine" worker is who told this poor kid that info, if anyone truly did as it could just be a scam, should be lynched, lol.

Isn't this the same seller who had a hunk of emerald and calcite and called it a $1MIL emerald or some BS like that!?

But if this is legit and not just a scam or joke, it truly amazes me just how gullible people can be!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:35 am 
Platinum Member

I have been to many of those places up in N.C. and most of the folks that go to those places are looking to strike it rich by snagging a ruby or emerald crystal..what they don't know is it's jink from brazil and India brought in by the barrel full....the nfolks that work at those places have to make it sound like what they are finding is actually worth something..the most notorious one is emerald hollow in Hiddenite...if any of you have been there I am sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:51 am 
Gemology Online Veteran

I am fully aware of the "crooks" setup at many of those so called "mines" in NC!!! They shouldn't be allowed to do what they do! We went to a few just to ask questions and they even told us, yes, all our material comes from the hills right around here, and this was outside of Murphy! The contents in the bags were Peridot, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, amethyst, and a bunch of other stuff. I just laughed at them!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:20 am 
Valued Contributor

amethystguy wrote:
LOL...thanks for the thread..I am going to go post this on some of my other forums...LOL...classic example of the roadside gem sluices in N.C....ruby's emeralds, etc. ..who in the hell appraised this rock..man I need him/her to appraise my N.C. ruby/corundum collection...that reminds me of this ebay ad...here is the item number..jason taught me how to shorten the link to a smaller clickable post but I have yet to do it and CLICK HERE .lol..color change garnet from purple to purple..LOL..$100,000

oh,if i sell my collection at 90 percent discount on that price,i have a billion dollar inventory,now i wud have nice dreamy sleep for few nights atleast,before i come back to my senses :D