January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:42 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

some things can´t be explained by science unfortunatly. the rods maybe works cause earth magnetic camp. great piramid of jize is constructed on one of those magnetic field joints.
mesmer i think he wrotte about the magnetic field subject.
have you heard about an indian discipline who combines , maths, archetecture and some belifs?
it is called vahastu shastra. do some search.it is suposed to have 10000 years-very interesting discipline.
little off topic , my uncle see spirits they tell him things and anothers.
i saw myself images in his water cup. when i can´t eat cause big scare , ray crushed in one house near me, i was kid and got so scared that i can´t eat. when my uncle put his hands on my head and prey something, he gave me cookie i eat it without any problem.
i saw images on his water cup no imagination.
some things can´t be explained by science.
i consider myself a man of science ,i´m ateist i have no faith, i rule myself by logic.it cost me but i have to admit this :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:07 pm 
Platinum Member

Amguy, they have a research program:

http://lach.web.arizona.edu/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:56 pm 
Established Member

Boy.

Have a sleep and dig a few buckets and look what happens. Thought this subject will bring a response.

Barbara.

The area is on the Anakie field basaltic lavas which are associated with Tertiary and Quaternary alluvial deposits derived from the weathering and erosion of alkali-volcanic rocks, mainly basaltic lavas, pyroclastics and volcaniclastics of Tertiary age and underlying Palaeozoic basement rocks.

It has been an area of sapphire mining for over 100 years. At one point, 75% of the worlds sapphires came from here.

jleb.

Can I borrow the pad. Promise you will get it back in a couple of years. 8) Beaut stone.

amguy

Quote:
If it works..then why not draw up a proposal and present it to any institution of higher learning? Why not petition for grants? Why not contact anyone in the scientific community and show them? What i don't understand is why Multi-billon dollars companies with teams of scientist and expensive equipment don't take more note of this?

Good thought. Will have to look into that.

I did have a shot at it again yesterday arvo.
Went to some old mullock heaps (Tim, the ones on the right as you go into Sapphire next to Retreat Creek).

Only spent 1/2 hour. Thought it would be a good test as there are no variants such as the lay of the land to sway you. Any find would be totally random.

There was a lot of area where there was no reaction. I did get 5 'hits', where I dug the areas until I did not get a reading on the ground again. I tried to only make small holes so volume would not affect the result.

Took the stuff home and washed it. I got 2 tiny bits of corundum, a 2 carat bomb, and a bit of spinel. Don't know about the 5th bit.

It is way too early for me to state that it actually works. Will be still trying to perfect it though.

Would be nice to have a shot at the $1m. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:02 pm 
Gemology Online Übergoddess

8) hi bluey, squeaky's hub can "tell" whether or not tourmaline may have copper or not. maybe she'll post about it.

(now where is brucetourm.... :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:11 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

gingerkid wrote:
8) hi bluey, squeaky's hub can "tell" whether or not tourmaline may have copper or not. maybe she'll post about it.

(now where is brucetourm.... :P )

Wait...I said HE swears he can...I can't prove it but he's right so often when he sees them, it's scary. It's also someone else saying 'copper bearing' so I'm not putting too many eggs in either of those baskets....until Bruce shares his toy.... 8-[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:20 pm 
Gemology Online Übergoddess

:lol: hi squeaky, i was hoping you would share with us how hubs thinks he can tell whether a tourmaline may be copper bearing or not. brucetourm would probably be interested in your hubs' tests. sorry for any misunderstanding there. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:01 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

gingerkid wrote:
:lol: hi squeaky, i was hoping you would share with us how hubs thinks he can tell whether a tourmaline may be copper bearing or not. brucetourm would probably be interested in your hubs' tests. sorry for any misunderstanding there. :wink:

There is NO scientific methodology to his approach. He sees a stone, watches it move or turn (or if pic is good, even stills) and says "That's got copper in it". I read description or wait until TV 'features' it and find the copper bearing claim. Most of the time, there's a mix of copper bearing and non bearing being shown, his percentage of picking is probably 80%. I've asked him to show me why he says that - he says "I don't know". So much for science.... :roll: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:02 pm 
Valued Contributor

Pedro wrote:
some things can´t be explained by science unfortunatly. the rods maybe works cause earth magnetic camp. great piramid of jize is constructed on one of those magnetic field joints.
mesmer i think he wrotte about the magnetic field subject.
have you heard about an indian discipline who combines , maths, archetecture and some belifs?
it is called vahastu shastra. do some search.it is suposed to have 10000 years-very interesting discipline.
[...]
some things can´t be explained by science.
i consider myself a man of science ,i´m ateist i have no faith, i rule myself by logic.it cost me but i have to admit this :?

Pedro - if those things can't be explained by science, why are you proposing scientific explanations for them (magnetic fields)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:18 pm 
Established Member

Waiting with interest with that one.

Anyway, an update. I think that I am pinning down corundum. The problem where I am though is that there is a lot of clinker with corundum inside it so I am getting readings of that as well as tiny chips that are all over the place.

I wish I had done this divining thing before I started sinking my latest shaft.
1.5metresx2metres, 12 foot deep by jackhammer and hit the floor without seeing a single bit of good stuff.

A bloke 2 claims over divinied his, got the drilling rig in, went to 20 foot and hit sapphire bearing wash straight away. Has pulled out 1500 carats of corundum in 2 days. A lot of bombs, but 6 fantastic cutters as well.

He divined my claim and it looks like I missed it by about 5 foot. Am tossing up whether to drive to the spot or just get the drilling rig in and sink another shaft. Blowed if I am digging another shaft by hand.

Plus another shaft will have to go in one day for safety and air circulation. And you get a metre round bit of wash to play with without having to dig. Thats what he got his 1500 carats out of, just the drilling rig's spoils. He hasn't even thrown a pick yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:27 pm 
Established Member

Off topic.

I just googled Pedro's suggestion which was mis-spelt.
Gemologyonline was No.1 in just 4 days. google bot likes this site. Well done guys.

Back to the topic.

Human beings senses have been dulled because we simply do not use them anymore. The senses that are available in my opinion, depend upon where they live and their necessity for senses for survival.

Many animals react naturally from the effects of gravitational pull ( particularly the oceans creatures), especially the moon's gravity influence.

There is a small bird (cannot for the life of me remember it's name) the will build it's nest in the clay exposed in your shaft but it will always be away from any ironstone. Needless to say their nest is safe as ironstone is a good indicator for our endeavour.

When working in PNG ( I am an old trawlerman from way back), most of the crew were West Papuans, all sea people whose ancestry goes back to the Pacific islanders who sailed west. They can smell a reef from 5 miles away. And their eyesight. They can read the name on the side of a ship 6 miles away. I have had this proved to me too many times to think it was a guess.

I remember a girlfriend of mine who was very artistic and quite spiritualistic (not religious). She could not sleep properly unless her head faced north. I thought this was a bit of a crock but since then I have also found that I do sleep better when my head is facing north. It may be psycosematic (that's how spell check does it), I don't know; all I know is that helps me.

Shame she found a higher substance to play with. Quite an incredible lady.

Last edited by Bluey Zarzoff on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:33 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

Correct spelling is vaastu shastra or vastu shastra, both seem to be used. Haven't read it yet so away I go....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:44 pm 
Site Admin

Re: Franz Anton Mesmer and his work with magnetism.

He was nothing more than educated con man.

And yes, the googlebots love us! I'm shocked it took 4 days for the topic to show up...it's usually closer to 4 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:01 am 
Established Member

Barbra Voltaire wrote:
Re: Franz Anton Mesmer and his work with magnetism.

He was nothing more than educated con man.

And yes, the googlebots love us! I'm shocked it took 4 days for the topic to show up...it's usually closer to 4 hours.

Have editted that post. didn't want to post a third time in 1/2 hour.

Not interested in Franz Mesmer. More interested in scientific findings and personal observations.

The truth is that I didn't google it for 4 days. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:43 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

scaramouche magnetism in some way can be explained by science, not by me of course.but there is magnetic field on hearth
seing images on glass of water, it´s a luck people here don´t call me crazzy,but if you have any idea to explain go forward, cause i don´t have.spiritism guys like my uncle have theyr own explanations but even them don´t understund everything. he started to be a spiritism guy on brazil, cause he had tremendous headhaches, the only way the headhaches pass it was helping people.
it´s dam weird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:25 pm 
Valued Contributor

Pedro wrote:
scaramouche magnetism in some way can be explained by science, not by me of course.but there is magnetic field on hearth
seing images on glass of water, it´s a luck people here don´t call me crazzy,but if you have any idea to explain go forward, cause i don´t have.spiritism guys like my uncle have theyr own explanations but even them don´t understund everything. he started to be a spiritism guy on brazil, cause he had tremendous headhaches, the only way the headhaches pass it was helping people.
it´s dam weird.

Pedro - my point is that magnetism is a phenomena that is 100% explained by science, so, if your point is that some events can't be explained rationally, then you shouldn't attribute to magnetism (which is an easy way to be refuted.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next