January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: chrome tourmaline
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Jason.....on behalf of Steve302.

Where did you find a copy of the AGL report?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:48 am 
Valued Contributor

Attachment:
IMG_9595 - Copy sz.JPG
IMG_9595 - Copy sz.JPG [ 69.79 KiB | Viewed 911 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_9633+ - Copy sz.JPG
IMG_9633+ - Copy sz.JPG [ 63.38 KiB | Viewed 911 times ]
Attachment:
IMG_9710 - Copy sz.JPG
IMG_9710 - Copy sz.JPG [ 75.84 KiB | Viewed 911 times ]
Attachment:
The attachment 2.21ct Paraiba tourml GIA cert 1 3 16 - Copy sz.jpg is no longer available
Jason, u still owe me several apologies-u posted about the cobalt blue spinel, i never said it was a cobalt spinel, was listed as cobalt color, GIA listed as blue spinel. I have about 130 stones, i have much more than 3 lab reports, u say i listed a value on an alex stone at $30,000/stone from appraisal, this is for retail insurance replacement, what the insurance co will pay in cash/stone replacement under an insurance policy after an appraiser verifies value for the item, most stones were bought in Thailand, these sellers usually buy the rough from mines and cut the stones in Thailand & state the origins per the seller or the cutter. Im telling u what i have found from my reaches, making sense at the time. Sending a copy of the GIA report on the paraiba stone bought from Paraiba international for a price this seller would give eyes to buy it back at my cost! Am posting pics of a topaz/tourmaline pendent with stones cut by Frank Schaffer, voted to be one of the top gem cutters in the world in Hong Kong this year, what i paid for the 2 stones is pocket change as to the real value of the flawless gems. Sending a detail of the ruby pendent, my cost & final appraisal, all the colored stones are lab certed & the values will be listed. For the few stones i have, i have worked many hours on the pc, doing auctions usually @1am eastern time avg. I know how the computers operate on ebay and am able to win almost every auction i enter, my pc is smokin as they say & i have outbid many followers on auction with my knowing the system. Several sellers have offered to buy back sold stones because the price was not to their liking, ebay frowns on sellers not completing a sale. Im tired of all the hits with the 10ft pole people throw at me, i have a system, works very well & the proof is in the results. Im surprised at the offers i get to build pendents or asked to sell what i wear, i have no inventory so if i sell a pendent, i could not afford to replace it, some of the alex stones i have have cost me less than $100.00/stone, not possible today. The ruby pendent, cost to me less than $20.000.00 to build, the top ruby latest appr on all stones, $36,000.00, 2nd ruby, $20,000.00, 3rd ruby, $20,000.00, the diamond $1500.00, the sapphire, $48,000.00, the paraiba, brazilian, $90,000.00 for the stone. All colored stones in the pendent are lab certed & the values reflect. Nobody pays retail, these are insurance repl figures. I have told some friends i will not post here again, this is all for me, i figured out of respect for ur post i would answer some of ur posts to correct wrong info posted, in the short time in gems ive met many good professionals & a few real asses, & i let them know they are not the bottom line-this is a learning trip still ongoing. Richard Wise even noted he thinks fine alex shows good color change from green to purpleish red with a min of 10-15% bleed of colors, i see that in the pendent i have, really neat to see in the flesh. Im sure im making a few posters happy for leaving, let them eat cake! :(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:43 pm 
Site Admin

Steve302, were't you going to send something to AGL?
What became of that? Did you ever get around to it?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:59 am 
Gemology Online Veteran

The pendant with the Paraiba is imo so incredible ugly - sorry...

The cheap looking blue sapphire should be 48000 Dollar - in which universe??

The rubies are boring - the color combination is unattractive.

And an endless story how much your stones are worth....

:roll: :smt078

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:31 am 
Gemology Online Veteran

@ Jason

I agree with you and David Weinmann.

I think nobody will send russian alexandrite rough to Bangkok.

The material I see sometimes in our shows are cut and sold from russian dealers or eastern europe dealer with good contacts the russian „private“ miners - often in combination with demantoid or russian mineral items like uvarovite, charoite and others.

Quality is often very very low - LI-MI clarity with a medium strong change but greyish light-medium green to greyish pink. Most stones are less then 0,30 ct.

A few examples you see in Dr. Schmetzers excellent book „Russian Alexandrite“.
(page 110,111,120) - the top stones on page 110 with a better clarity is what you find.

The few stones mined as a byproduct of Beryl and Emerald mining - there is a high demand in russia and they cut them like the emeralds in Russia. No need to export them.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

ruby302 wrote:
A lot of info & speculation floating, i know the RETAIL value of good chrome tourl. I will contact AGL and start the process- :roll: 8)

As of this morning, Ruby302 has still not sent the stones to AGL.
Steve302 does not want to learn, he just wants to be right.

So I'll agree, your pendants are some of the most awesome and inspired pieces of jewelry I've ever seen. Award winning designs. Utterly breathtaking.

Your appraisers are exceptionally competent in valuation and gemological science. They have raised the professional bar to a level I can only hope, someday, to live up to.

Why haven't we been honest with you from the beginning? Jealousy!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:40 pm 
Valued Contributor

ruby302 wrote:
Im tired of all the hits with the 10ft pole people throw at me [...] Im sure im making a few posters happy for leaving, let them eat cake! :(

I don't think anybody will pop up the champagne if you leave, Ruby302.
Several posters said it already, more eloquently, but people here are genuinely trying to help you, not to put you down.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:39 am 
Valued Contributor

ruby302 wrote:
Im sure im making a few posters happy for leaving, let them eat cake! :(

I like eating cake, but its really difficult if your are not really listening.
I know sometimes its hard, if someone knows something better then you.
But you are here on an expert forum where are gathered many knowleged people...
Just to wipe them away and say they are wrong shows that you did not understand anything and do not listen.
In most of the platforms I know people like you are thrown out as they dont respect the others, as you can see here they try to help you more, which makes the platform far more valueable as most of the people think.
But it always takes two - the one who helps, and the other who has to accept it.
I appreciate it very much to have these bunch of people around - probably you will do too ..... somedays....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:53 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

Now it's time to torture people on the other side of the planet with this Ebay crap. I don't know why you people don't recognize "extra fine material worth a 1000 bucks a carat when you see it.

Attachments:
Screenshot_20180927-092459_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
Screenshot_20180927-092459_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg [ 574.73 KiB | Viewed 750 times ]
Screenshot_20180927-092645_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
Screenshot_20180927-092645_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg [ 657.97 KiB | Viewed 750 times ]
Screenshot_20180927-173729_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
Screenshot_20180927-173729_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg [ 738.68 KiB | Viewed 750 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

LOL... Banned....for the 2nd time.

No good deed goes unpunished. The GIA would never ascribe a value on a stone sent to them..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:26 pm 
Valued Contributor

Nicky Newark wrote:
Now it's time to torture people on the other side of the planet with this Ebay crap. I don't know why you people don't recognize "extra fine material worth a 1000 bucks a carat when you see it.

People here are obviously incompetent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:58 pm 
Gold Member

Yep, apparently my life has been wasted.......

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:31 pm 
Gemology Online Veteran

Dioptase wrote:
Nicky Newark wrote:

People here are obviously incompetent ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes - especially YOU have never seen a fine gemstones....

:D :smt043 :smt044 :smt044

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:19 am 
Valued Contributor

jeez I can get this same "colour change" material for peanuts/ct in the rough.

It amazes me that some people are so ... for lack of a better word incredibly stupid that they go and buy a 5ct flawless blood red ruby for pennies from eBay & think they have struck gold. A ruby that should be sold in a high end auction house but is being sold on ebay .. but it has a laminated "certificate" so it must be legit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:53 pm 
Gold Member

That's awesome news! Anyone willing to buy my 10000+$ tourmaline? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next