January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: About Facetron Faceting Machine
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:48 am 
New to the Forum or The Quiet Type

Hi I am new here! nice to be here because I come across a question I cannot solve. Hope I can get a help from this forum.

I am from Hong Kong and I made a payment on Feb by bank transfer with Facetron to buy a faceting machine in order to start my gem cutting experience. However, I haven't received my machine yet until now. :( I would like to know if there is anyone has same situation with me. Is there any problem with Facetron company these days?

I contacted Facetron and they had responses in March to tell me that the motors are not ready. In May and June, they started to have no response to my email anymore. Therefore, I do not know what I can do now and would like to seek for help. Does anyone has similar purchase experience when buying a faceting machine?

I am interested in gem cutting and I want to start the faceting as soon as possible. :( Please feel free to give advice. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: About Facetron Faceting Machine
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:37 pm 
Gold Member

The Facetron factory is not too far from me. I spoke to them recently about having a used machine we have in our club refurbished. They said that they were flooded with orders, and very far behind. The Jarvi's are honest people, and have a great reputation. They will not cheat you. You will get your machine, it just might take a little time.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:18 am 
Gold Member

I am also very close to Jarvi Mfg. Although never purchased a Facetron machine directly from them, I have purchased many of their Acculign jigs and there is always a waiting list for several weeks but they always deliver. I agree with Steve. You need to have a little patience, no need to worry every day on your machine. You will not find any threads here about anyone having an issue about getting the machine they ordered from Jarvi.
Greg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:00 am 

Thanks so much Greg & 1bwana1. I am glad and feel more secured to get some news about Facetron company. I guess they were really flooded with orders. This is the first time I buy from this company and by this way of payment method. Therefore, I feel little worried. I would wait for my machine with more patience. Hope everything will be fine. I really want to start my first cut as soon as possible. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:00 am 
Gemology Online Veteran

I find it odd that they wouldn't reply to your emails even just to tell you they are still waiting for components.

It might be worth trying to call them (I know your time zone makes this difficult) but it would at least help give you an idea of when you can expect your machine, and set your mind at ease.

Good luck

-Allan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:38 am 

Thanks gembug! I have sent email again yesterday to ask for condition. :( :(
I think you are right. I would call them this week to see if they are still waiting for components. Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:31 pm 

I am also in a similar situation. In the last 2 to 3 months there has not been any response to my emails. Have not been able to speak to anyone on the phone either, the answering machine kicks in and have left messages but no reply yet.

Not sure if something more serious than just falling behind has happened. Hopefully not.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:56 pm 
Gold Member

I spoke to Jeanne at Facetron this past week. They are getting caught up. They shipped most of my back ordered items this week.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:36 am 

My situation is very similar, I paid for a machine back in March and they said it wouldn't ship until the end of July. I was told in August that Mr. Jarvi had some medical issues that kept him out of the shop, but he'd recovered and they were getting caught up and I should expect a 4-week delay. Sometime in mid-October was the last time I was able to reach them by phone or email, so we're coming up on two weeks of silence.

Please do let me know if you start receiving parts or machines that you've ordered, I've been in limbo for months and months now! I thought 2019 would be the year I practiced faceting, but now I'm just hoping to shows up in time for 2020.

Edit: A poster over at the USFG forums says they got parts shipped out from Jarvi just last week, so it seems like they're active but badly back-logged. Hope is still alive!

Edit #2: I got an email from Jarvi Tool yesterday evening confirming that my machine is shipping out next week! Just back-logged, but still getting orders out the door.