January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject: New member from Norway.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:14 pm 

Hi, my name is Victoria and i live in Norway (Europa).

I have family and chickens but are no farmer. Luxury-chickens for fun.
I have a lot of interests, but right now (from august-07) its stones.
I followed my mother around as a child searching for minerals, but then everyting was grey, no polished stones!! When i first used internet to search for a nice peace of labradorite a new world opened for me. A lot of stores selling whatever, you would have used a lifetime to collect in my mothers days. It took me some saving-money and some months to get me a mineral collection i am pleased with. Then i lay my eyes on faceted stones (but... money..) and now as last, stone-beads so that i can make some jewelry and maybe get some of these money back.
Jewelry for the alternativ-people i thought. And stones what are not to usual. Its not much for sale in Norway. Time will show i I can sell them. It depends on my desigh.....

Labradorite is what started me... then i read about "recordkeepers" in quartz and got interested in searcing for them. Now i have a lot of them i several minerals, but i have not tested them...yet. :wink:
Recordceepers are the small triangels that appears on the facets of mostly quartz. Its said to keep information. If all these crystals are recordkeepers then the caves must be librarys.. :wink:
as you see i :wink: and now you got: :shock: ok... i realy do not know what to meen about this, but i AM curious.

My facination got a kick after bying this one at a show. Its a chinese quartz and i got lucky with my photo and the light-angel and i can zoom into this crystal as in a fairytail!!! (this one is fixed)

.. well its a lot of "growth"-patter on crystals and i am planning taking a lot of pictures let other see whats there!! But it will take time.. until then i collect some more faceted gems if i afford, or stonebeads... whatever my wallet will allow me . Thanks for reading!! :P (I just hate those who polish these pattern away!! then its better to polish the sides or just cut the head off the crystal. You look out for them.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome. :D
You are a gifted photographer!
Looking forward to reading your posts and sharing your insights.
-Barbra

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:25 pm 
Site Admin

Hi and WELCOME Victoria! :D
another european brick in the wall!!
BENVENUTA!!! 8)

ciao
Alberto

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:37 pm 
Gemology Online Übergod

Fantastic specimen. Do you have a "zoomed out" view so we can see the whole piece?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:16 pm 
Gold Member

Welcome to the forum, Victoria. I also have a collection of quartz with trigons on the faces, and had to laugh when a clerk in the biggest mineral shop in Houston said she had never noticed them before. :lol:

Quantum Mechanics...the dreams stuff is made of. :smt047

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:05 am 

Hi :D good morning! think you people are awake when i am sleeping!!
.... allmost, a bit overlapping it is, its a timedifference between us, (..not Italy!).

And HI to Crystal!! .. so im not alone in this..... :lol: :wink:

The crystal is quite "ordinary" and I was not aware of this pattern before i took this picture. It was this metallic-shine angel that gave me the opportunity to realy see this. It was allmost "creepy" and the hair raised in my neck! This photo is taken so that if sent by e-mail you can schroll you way into the crystals surface. Every little tiny triangel becomes specifik to look at, and the pattern IS amazing.

.. hmmmm (think, think....) .. if you send your e-mail-adress in personal message to me i can send you this photo in full size.... e-mailing can give me buggs... but if you are onest you wont do that, will you?.... so (thinking over..) If any of you want ths photo sent to you in full size you do that!! You are then free to use it as you want. Spread it around to tell others about whats there, so they can look out for them!!

Here is photos of the whole guy called "the chinese".

Just a little lesson about facets: 6 sides of quarts=6 facets.
If one facet is 7-sided next 3, then 7,3,7,3... 7x3/3x3 they call it a "dow" :lol: , if 7-sided and opposit is a 3-sided="channeler" :shock: , and a 5-sided with opposite 3=an ISIS... :?
If it have inclutions or are a bit damaged they call it a "warrior" :( and if it have Rainbows its allso very good... Doubble-end .... and "Key" (where another crystal have been attatched to the crystal)... and "recordkeeper"=triangels on facets

What do i want with all this information ??? ... well my "Chinese" have it all. This is what "the metaphysicans" look for in crystals... so this one is a "killer" in that case. As i said in my intro; i do not know what to belive, have not tried to "use" these crystals..as transmitters for the soul...BUT I AM CURIOUS!! And i am collecting them !
.. 8) 8) i allmost hear what you think: "a crazy lady on our forum"... but that ok :wink: ... mostly i will behave.

Crystal is 7 inch. long doubble-end (check the two paralell lines on the last picture on the 3-sided facet !! lines are on the other 3-sided too.... this is the "dow" end.. remember 7x3/3x3)

(i will try to put the pictures in a new "reply" to see if they get smaller....)

Last edited by recordkeeper62 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:10 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:08 am 

I realy had some problems with these photos. They got all to big and i could not get them smaller..... but at last they get acceptable!!!!

.. anyone want a "journey" into the first picture with a schroll-weel you let me know... ( but i will check your profile to see who you are first)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:50 pm 
Valued Contributor

Really, really beautiful images.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:27 am 

:D :D :D

Thank you for letting me know!!

To those who want to "zoom in - zoom out" my first picture i just try to link to photobucket where a few of my photos are listed... and some testing stuff... you see i do not have a homepage so to use pictures over the net i park them here..
this is better than e-mailing ... i just have to find out how...

"You learn as long as you live, and live as long as you learn!"

Think this is working. You can use "full screen" here and then this spacebar for zooming.... i think.

http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii238/rosenkvarts/?action=view&current=thechinese.jpg

Post subject: Photo Bucket Pictures
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:53 am 
Established Member

Your pictures are quite good, excellent composition. Where were the specimens found? I like to know the source area for the mineral / gem. I especially like the amethyst cluster at the end of the album. Have a great time with your stones.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:29 pm 

Hi Rasmussen (scandinavian name????)

Well my album is not that useful for others... it is onely for my own use of pictures at the net. Have no url of my own you see....

I have gone a bit "bananas" at e-bay, buying rough there. What my mom used a whole life to collect.. i can use some weeks at e-bay, and i allso can reach mines all over the world to get right specimens. Its amazing!!!
Thinking of larimar, sugilite, purpurite, stichtite, lapis, phenacite, phenite, apophylite, danburite.... seraphinite, charoite... HEMIMORPHITE !!!... moonstones, sunstone....and of cause LABRADORITE the real beautys but this one is hard to by on the net. I have often been SO dissappointed. But i have found one seller that allways deliver what i see or better!! It depends on how it is cut he say, not how it is pictured.

Not all you se is bought at e-bay. The larimar is found by a seller in Germany. And the "chinese" is from a seller in Norway who got is stuff direct from a mine in China.....

The amethyst you see (just a part of) is from an e-bayseller who had it in her own collection for a while before she put it out for sale. Sorry for her.
Its a beauty!! Growth as stalacite. Think thats why this special growth-pattern is on the up-going facets of this "druse". Can not quite remember but think its from Bolivia but can not give you more specific than that.
It can be Uruguay too, but if i do not remember wrong, the bolivian are darker than the amethyst from Uruguay.
Anyhow the pictures you see is onely a drop in the sea of my collection of rough.
Do not even THINK of bying one of these stalacites... and cutting it!!! Do you hear!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:02 pm 
Victoria,
That's a beautiful quartz crystal--I especially like the secondary crystal growth and the evidence of trigonal structure on the terminating face.

Post subject: Re: New member from Norway.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:57 pm 

he-he.... i was just wondering if i should cancel this ... i wrote it 2 years ago ... he-he-he....
but no .... i find its still ok .... onely that i start so "personaly" #-o and some will think i am a bit stupid maybe, but ok ... let them find it out themself.. hmm.. he-he-....