January 24 Through February 4—TUCSON, ARIZONA: Annual show
Welcome to the GemologyOnline.com Forum
A non-profit Forum for the exchange of gemological ideas
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:11 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:31 am 
Gemology Online Übergoddess

good morning, eagle eye! i can not recommend any websites, but i can share with you that by just googling "hessonite" will result in all kinds of websites which you are probably looking for-from crystals, crystal jewelry, and cut stones. i think hessonite (gomed?) protects one from rahu? (not too sure who this rahu is) and you have to wear it a certain way or something. hope that helps you find what you may be looking for. maybe someone else can suggest some sites? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:13 pm 

Backatcha, kid! Searching for individual specific stones is an approach I may end up taking. My question hoped there is a specific site or shop patronized by the members here specializing in these chakra stones, many of which I've hardly heard of.

Supposedly they offer relief or "cures" in a chakra sense , such as Bustamite with Sugalite to relieve migraines, or clear Phenacite for positive energy. Stones that are not typical in the normal course of everyday gemology, to be sure.

If this option doesn't work I'll slog through with some new sellers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:33 pm 
Platinum Member

Personally, I get up every morning and worship an image of the Virgin Mary on a grilled cheese sandwich.

I've found it collectively covers all the specific ailments known to man. I've effectively cut out the middle-man of specifically related gemstone ailment/cures.

Give it a try. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:37 pm 

I worship cheese in general

I'm never ill...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:10 pm 
Platinum Member

wow, I'm tempted to start quoting indries shah... It's a technology, it's just we don't have a transducer yet that will eliminate belief from reality.

I'm reminded of the story about the chinese doctor who had two patients, one had a cold the other lung cancer. Apparently the assistant when handing out the herbs, got the patients mixed up, and told the guy with the cold he had cancer etc. The guy with the cold died in 2 weeks.. the cancer patient lived a long life..

the point of this story is that your belief is probably the most powerful part of that whole system. It's helpful to understand the correspondences, as colors, petals etc. change from system to system( tibetan, indian, chinese).

Have fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:58 am 
Gold Member

Eagle Eye,

If you really are determined to pursue this, may I suggest that you steer away from websites offering chakra or healing stones. Do your own research on the purported healing qualities of various stones and minerals and then go and search for them from reputable gem and mineral dealers. Otherwise you will be paying a premium that is probably not justified. Oh, and steer real clear from those purporting to be the only source for anything.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:11 pm 
Valued Contributor

Someone has given me a book, New Crystals and healing stones by Judy Hall. I find this book to be almost completely full of nonsense, the author it seems claims to have access to the highest cosmic knowledge You can get a karmic reading for£85
I think it was the curator of gem and minerals at Los Angeles museum
who said, People who attribute properties to gem and minerals which in reality they do not possess, this is not new age. its, shades of the Dark age

Does any one remember the Lobsang Rampa books that where out in the 1960s ?

Dave gibson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:35 pm 
Gold Member

These discussions always remind me of one of my wife's customers (she had a rock & miscellaneous business in upstate NY.) She was a witch, and came in regularly to feel the aura of all the crystals. She never left without at least one crystal which spoke to her. She liked our selection because we didn't charge extra for magic crystals, unlike the new age shops in town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:12 pm 
Valued Contributor

Its interesting what you say ALBalmer. In the past when I have sold to the new age or so called cystal power shops they are not feeling the energy of the stones. Seems there is some some kind of BS going off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:14 pm 
Gold Member

I've read that they claim enlightened Buddhists become gems (piles of them, apparently) when they die.

But what do I know? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:34 pm 
Valued Contributor

Hi Empress
Put in a Google searce. Lobsang Rampa then David Alexandra Neel, Interesting information on Tibeten buddhism

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 6:50 am 
Valued Contributor

allen wrote:
Many years ago, while running a jewelry studio at a local college a young woman came into the studio and showed me a small handful of stones that she said her Guru had manifested out of the ether. When I looked at them and pointed out that they were obviously poorly cut (in India I presumed), her reply was "well, god is not perfect you know".

There is another interesting method to grow gems.
On www.autoexklusiv.at, a website dedicated to luxury cars (!), the following entry was to be found under the heading "curious" in 2007 [not online any more]:

"What are the options if you want to present a loved one with gemstones? One is to head for the next jeweller. Another is to sit down at the computer, visit www.edelsteine.at and order online.
Siti Suhana, a 23 year old woman from Malaysia, however, has her own method which has international doctors and scientists agasp and is nothing short of a miracle. She grows gemstones from her toenail. Two to five gemstones at a time, sometimes sparkling green and as large as a marble, wind out from the open nail which closes again when the job is done.
The experts have found no explanation so far but do talk of very mysterious circumstances. Now the doctors are about to fathom the secret and maybe ease the pain during the wondrous procedure."

I pray that the collective brainpower of international doctors and scientists can cure Mrs. Suhana from her ailment and put an end to the unholy machinations. Just imagine the worst case scenario: science fails, the lady activates her other toes and trains her kinsfolk to her specific faculty. Given the average size of asian families some gemcutters might re-train to podiatry but the livelihood of all others in the gem business will be jeopardized...

office@edelsteine.at

Post subject: Re: Chakras, healing, Azeztulite, aliens, third eyes, magik,
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 10:34 am 
Site Admin

This story must be true.
It has been documented by The Star Online! :wink:
And here is a photograph of the impressive bounty produced by the toenail:

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:49 pm 
Platinum Member

Wondrous things emerge from the agony of de feet.

Some time back I was suffering from a very painful ingrown toenail. My insurance sent me to a podiatrist who painted my toenails with an exotic elixir once a month and provided what amounted to a very expensive pedicure. This continued for about 6 months but my painful toe was not cured.

Then one morning I opened my newspaper and saw a photo of my podiatrist displaying chunks of what he called "alien metal" he claimed he'd found implanted in patients' toes. He said analysis showed it was unlike any metal found on Earth so, ergo, it obviously was placed there by space aliens.

I canceled my future appointments with the UFO Doc and went to a new podiatrist who performed a simple surgery to cure my toenail problem. He found no indications of ET involvement. But you never know...

www.artcutgems.com

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 6:01 pm 
Gemology Online Übergod

LMAO!